Latex Allergy: Are You Risking Your Life for Your Job?
2.5 Contact Hours
To successfully complete this course and receive your certificate, you must read the content online or in the downloadable PDF, pass the post test with a 70% or better, and complete the evaluation form by October 15, 2021.
The price of this course is $19.00. You will only be asked to pay for the course if you decide to grade the post examination to earn a certificate with contact hours.
Corexcel is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
This activity was developed by Corexcel without support from any commercial interest.
It is Corexcel's policy to ensure fair balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all programming. In compliance with the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) we require that faculty disclose all financial relationships with commercial interests over the past 12 months.
No planning committee member has indicated a relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest involved with the content contained in this course.
Corexcel's provider status through ANCC is limited to educational activities. Neither Corexcel nor the ANCC endorse commercial products.
After completing this course participants should be able to:
- List the occupations and populations at risk for latex allergy.
- Identify why latex allergy has grown more prevalent since 1987.
- Describe the three types of reactions associated with latex allergy, along with common symptoms of each.
- Identify methods used to diagnose latex allergy.
- List ten products (medical and household) that contain latex.
- List foods that can cause cross-reactions in people allergic to latex.
- Describe why allergy shots are not approved as a treatment option.