Online Clinical ECG Course Price: $249.00
Online Clinical ECG Course
Accredited Self-Paced Online Clinical Electrocardiography
We offer a fully accredited, self-paced online Clinical Electrocardiography (ECG) course. This course uses an online interactive study and question experience to teach ECG interpretation. Clinical ECG provides participants with all of the necessary concepts to master clinical electrocardiography.
This online ECG course uses interactive animation to teach clinical ECG concepts such as mechanisms of reentrant tachycardias, localization principles of myocardial infarction, and atrial and ventricular hypertrophy. We've integrated hundreds of actual ECG tracings into the problem-based exercises contained within the course.
The online Clinical ECG class modules include:
- Impulse and conduction: Sino-atrial blocks, AV-nodal blocks, conduction abnormalities
- Reentry and SVT: Concepts of reentry, SVT, atrial flutter, AVNRT, atrial fibrillation, atrial tachycardia
- Preexcitation: Preexcitation and WPW
- Advanced rhythm analysis: AVNRT, extra-systole, sinus arrhythmia, idioventricular, junctional, dying heart, sino-atrial blocks and arrest, AV-nodal blocks
- Hypertrophy: LVH, RVH, atrial enlargement left, right, biatrial
- Localization of infarction: Anterior, inferior, lateral, septal, combinations, relation to coronary anatomy
- Pericarditis: Pathophysiology, ECG abnormalities phase I-IV recognition
- Pulmonary embolism: Pathophysiology, ECG recognition
- Fascicular blocks: LAFB, LPFB, bifascicular block, trifascicular block
- Advanced electrical axes: Precise determination using isoelectric leads
- Hyperkalemia: Peaked T waves
Clinical Electrocardiography (ECG) Course Objectives
At the conclusion of Clinical ECG participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of ECG interpretation.
- Detail the components of a standard 12-lead ECG tracing.
- Recognize and diagnose the common and the complex ECG abnormalities encountered in clinical practice using a standard 12-lead ECG tracing.
Course Credit & Completion Time
You get access to Clinical ECG for one full year. This course is self-paced and completion time is dependent upon on many factors including the prior knowledge, Internet connection speed and reading comprehension. The testing in this course is based on progress and knowledge retention rather than strictly on the number of correct answers.
Clinical ECG utilizes a nontraditional assessment mechanism. Certificates are generated once you reach a 95% average rating across all of the exercise categories. Ratings are determined by progress indicators contained in the course. Ratings rise and fall as you respond to the exercise questions. If you answer a question incorrectly the course-ware will return the correct response with detailed feedback. You will be asked additional questions on that topic as you progress and the course adjusts based your knowledge level. Earn back your rating points by answering the questions correctly the next time.
Upon successful completion of our Online Clinical ECG Course you will receive a certificate of completion for 1.7 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Corexcel is authorized to award CEUs by the International Association of Continuing Education and Training. Acceptance of CEUs is at the discretion of the institution. To determine if your school will convert CEUs to college credit, submit the course objectives and accreditation information for approval before enrolling.
Additional Clinical ECG Information
Upon purchase of the Clinical ECG online course you will receive an e-mail receipt and a separate e-mail with your log-in information. Log-in e-mails are generated during normal business hours, 9:00 am to 5:30 pm EST Monday through Friday.
*Our shopping cart prompts for shipping options. Since Clinical ECG is an online course, just enter your zip code and the shipping will fill in with $0 for the shipping charges.
Clinical Electrocardiography (ECG) is based on a proven eLearning formula. The intelligent software monitors your course progress and adapts based on your learning curve. This allows you to concentrate on ECG subject areas you may be having problems with while focusing less on concepts you already understand.
Clinical ECG includes thousands of problem-based exercises including hundreds of ECG tracings. The course includes interactive animations allowing you to observe the mechanisms of reentrant tachycardias and the localization principles of myocardial infarction. This self-paced online course offers spectacular animations of aberrancy and atrial and ventricular hypertrophy. Hundreds of extremely detailed ECG tracings are also used in the course.
Each ECG exercise is accompanied by specific explanation(s). You also have the ability to submit comments, suggestions and questions.
Online ECG Class Convenience
Clinical ECG is a web-based training application. Study at anytime wherever an Internet connection is available. Scores and progress are maintained in our centralized systems. Access your account using any computer with a broadband Internet connection. This allows you to continue learning wherever you left off.
Clinical ECG System Requirements
In order to use our online Clinical ECG course make sure your computer is equipped with the following:
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Mac OS X Operating System
- An updated Internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or higher) Mozilla Firefox 10 (or higher) or Google Chrome 10.0 (or higher)
- An installation of Adobe's Flash Player version 8 or higher) - Download Adobe's Flash Player (Free)